About Me

My photo
I am a freelance teacher and translator with a 15-year experience, passionate about inventing new approaches and developing original lesson plans and study programs. I have a BA in Psychology and English (literature and language) and an MA in Special Education, which allows me to work with an especially wide range of students, including those with LDs. I use versatile interdisciplinary materials to expand my students' vocabulary and adjust the study program to the interests and professional needs of students. Motivation is the key to success, and I consider that one of my strongest sides: I know how to encourage active participation. This blog is a space for sharing materials, ideas and tips for English teachers and learners.

Monday 2 March 2015

"Talking Cards"

I often use memory cards with all my students, and especially with LD students. Recently, I have decided that this method can be significantly improved by introducing technology: I send a WhatsApp message to my students with a picture of the word and right after it I send a voice message in which I read the word. Dyslectic students often misread and mispronounce complex words, and this simple technique helps to strengthen the association between the spelling and the sound of the word.


No comments:

Post a Comment